Strike Averted As MPTF And SEIU-UHW Announce 60-Day Cooling-Off Period
WOODLAND HILLS, Calif., March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This afternoon, MPTF (Motion Picture and Television Fund) and the union representing certain of its employees, SEIU-UHW, jointly announced a 60-day cooling-off period during which time the two organizations will continue to negotiate in good faith toward a collective bargaining agreement. The announcement was made by Bob Beitcher, MPTF CEO, and Dave Regan, President of SEIU-UHW.
"I'm pleased we were able to reach this time out," said Bob Beitcher, MPTF CEO. "After speaking at length with Dave, I feel more optimistic that the two sides can figure a way to reach a mutually satisfactory conclusion," Beitcher continued.
"I am confident that we can reach an agreement that will continue to make MPTF a great place to receive and deliver care," Regan said.
SEIU-UHW has rescinded its intent to strike at MPTF for 3 days starting the evening of Monday, March 18th. Both parties have also agreed to withdraw their Unfair Labor Practice claims at this time. SEIU-UHW has also chosen to withdraw its bargaining proposal regarding Nurse Staffing levels.SOURCE MPTF
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV