Air Pacific Takes Delivery Of First New Airbus A330
Adorned with a stunning new 'Fiji Airways' authentic Fijian brand mark and design both inside and out, the new A330s will feature comfortable seats with excellent leg room and in seat power and entertainment in Pacific Voyager/economy, and TV size entertainment screens and angled lay flat beds in Tabua/Business Class.
"We are delighted that the Airbus A330 was chosen as the "canvas" on which to launch the airline's new brand 'Fiji Airways', said John Leahy, Airbus' Chief Operating Officer – Customers. The A330 offers the best operating economics and the most sumptuous cabin of any aircraft in its category and will serve Air Pacific, soon to be Fiji Airways, well in their ambitions growth plans."
The aircraft now begins an approximately 18,000 kilometer journey from Airbus' manufacturing centre in Toulouse, France to Nadi, Fiji via Hong Kong. It will arrive in Nadi on Tuesday, March 19 at a welcome event at the airline's facilities at the Nadi International Airport.
"We've been preparing for our new Airbus A330 aircraft for almost 18 months now. Our initial cadre of pilots, engineers, and cabin crew are trained and ready to go and all of Fiji is eagerly awaiting our first owned and uniquely designed wide-body aircraft" said Dave Pflieger, Air Pacific's Managing Director & CEO.The airline will re-launch as "Fiji Airways" in June of this year, and the roll out of the carrier's new product and service offering including new brand, new aircraft interiors and liveries, updated business lounges, new crew uniforms, new website will continue until the end of 2013 when its last B747 is returned to its overseas owner. For additional updates and exciting news about the soon to be launched "Fiji Airways" and "sneak peeks" of the new plane in various markets, please visit us at fijiairways.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV