Silver Dollar City's Outlaw Run Makes Global Debut
BRANSON, Mo., March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- International attention is focusing on Branson, Missouri as the Silver Dollar City theme park debuted today a first-of-its-kind thrill ride, Outlaw Run , the world's most daring wood coaster. The park opened for the season and launched Outlaw Run's first riders on the groundbreaking wood coaster.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/silver-dollar-citys-outlaw-run-makes-global-debut-198523421.html
The new $10 million ride sends passengers soaring through the Ozark Mountains on a wood coaster that includes several "world's first" attributes:
- World's first and only double barrel roll on a wood coaster - a 720-degree, double barrel roll
- World's steepest drop on a wood coaster - a 16-story drop at 81 degrees, nearly vertical
- World's only wood coaster to twist upside down with a record-breaking three inversions
- Second fastest wood coaster in the world - Top speed of 68 mph, world's fastest wood coaster on steel wheels
After a year of construction and international monitoring by thrill ride enthusiasts, Outlaw Run opened with the proof that such extreme elements as the double barrel roll can, in fact, be done on a wood coaster. "We wanted to give our guests a new thrill ride like nothing anywhere on the planet," said Brad Thomas, senior vice president, Silver Dollar City Attractions. "This high-tech wood coaster with never-done-before thrill elements raises the bar in the ride world to an all-new level."Silver Dollar City, awarded for theme development, designs attractions with storylines based in real history. Outlaw Run is set within an authentic Stagecoach Depot, going beyond the outskirts of the main city where civility is waning and outlaws may lurk. Stagecoach passengers head into untamed territory where at any minute, a wild chase could ensue. The ride takes advantage of the natural mountain terrain, with "stagecoach" trains taking riders on a journey of unexpected drops, thrilling twists and rolling inversions. Riders soar through nine locations where they will experience "airtime" – or weightlessness.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts