BOSTON, March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Six John Hancock Funds were honored at the 2013 Lipper Fund Awards event last night in New York City. The awards encompassed a mix of equity and fixed income funds over a range of time periods, and included portfolio managers from John Hancock's affiliated asset managers John Hancock Asset Management and Manulife Asset Management, as well as independent investment managers.
"We are honored to receive this important recognition from Lipper," said Andrew Arnott, President & CEO, John Hancock Funds. "It speaks to the success of our best of breed, manager of managers business model, whereby we partner with both affiliated and un-affiliated investment managers from around the world, through objective manager selection and diligent oversight. Ultimately, the goal of every member of our investment team is to provide asset management solutions that deliver real investment value for our shareholders."
The following John Hancock Funds won 2013 Lipper Fund Awards:
- The John Hancock Core High Yield Fund (Class I: JYIAX) received a trophy for three-year performance, compared with 436 funds in the Lipper High Yield fund category. The fund is managed by Terry Carr, CFA, Konstantin Kizunov, CFA, and Richard Cos.
- The John Hancock Disciplined Value Mid Cap Fund (Class I: JVMIX) was recognized for its ten-year track record out of 330 funds in Lipper's Multi-Cap Core fund category. The fund is managed by Steven L. Pollack, CFA, and Joseph F. Feeney, Jr., CFA.
- The John Hancock Strategic Income Opportunities Fund, NAV, won a five-year award out of 106 funds in Lipper's Global Income fund category. The fund is managed by Daniel S. Janis III, John F. Iles, and Thomas Goggins.
- The John Hancock Active Bond Fund, NAV, also won a five-year award out of 24 funds in Lipper's General Bond fund category. The fund is managed by Barry Evans, CFA, Howard Greene, CFA, and Jeffrey Given, CFA.
- The John Hancock Global Shareholder Yield Fund, NAV, was recognized over the three-year period out of 74 funds in Lipper's Global Multi-Cap Value fund category. The fund is managed by William W. Priest, CFA, CPA, Eric Sappenfield, and Michael A. Welhoelter, CFA.
- The John Hancock International Small Cap Fund, NAV, won an award for its five-year record out of 32 funds in Lipper's International Small/Mid-Cap Core fund category. The Fund is managed by Franklin Templeton.
About John Hancock FundsThe Boston-based mutual fund business unit of John Hancock Financial, John Hancock Funds, manages more than $79.8 billion in open-end funds, closed-end funds, college savings assets, retirement plans and related party assets for individual and institutional investors at December 31, 2012.About John Hancock Asset Management and Manulife Asset ManagementManulife Asset Management is the global asset management arm of Manulife Financial. Manulife Asset Management provides comprehensive asset management solutions for institutional investors and investment funds in key markets around the world. Manulife Asset Management also provides investment management services to affiliates' retail clients through product offerings of Manulife and John Hancock. This investment expertise extends across a broad range of asset classes including equity, fixed income and alternative investments such as real estate, timber, farmland, as well as asset allocation strategies. Manulife Asset Management has offices with full investment capabilities in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, and the Philippines. In addition, it has a joint venture asset management business in China, Manulife TEDA. It also has operations in Australia, New Zealand, Brazil and Uruguay. As at December 31, 2012, assets under management were C$237.6 billion. Additional information about Manulife Asset Management can be found at ManulifeAM.com. John Hancock Asset Management, Hancock Natural Resource Group and Declaration Management and Research are units of Manulife Asset Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV