NEW YORK, March 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- KCAP Financial, Inc. (Nasdaq:KCAP) announced its 2012 financial results.
- Net investment income for the year ended December 31, 2012 was approximately $24.1 million, or $0.93 per share (basic) and $0.89 per share (diluted).
- During the year, KCAP Financial declared total quarterly dividends of $0.94 per share.
- At December 31, 2012, the fair value of KCAP Financial's investments totaled approximately $312.0 million.
- Net asset value per share of $7.85 as of December 31, 2012.
Dayl Pearson, President and Chief Executive Officer of KCAP Financial, noted, "This past year was transformative for us as our acquisition of Trimaran Advisors had a significant positive impact on our profitability. More importantly, the acquisition was critical to our ability to raise a new CLO fund in the fourth quarter of 2012 which restarted the growth of our asset management business."Operating Results For the year ended December 31, 2012, we reported total investment income of approximately $38.6 million, as compared to approximately $27.8 million for the year ended December 31, 2011, an increase of 38.7%. Investment income from debt securities increased 32.5% from $9.4 million to $12.5 million, dividends from investments in CLO fund securities increased 46.6% from $14.4 million to $21.1 million, and dividends from our Asset Manager Affiliates increased 146.1% from $1.9 million to $4.7 million. These increases can be attributable to our average invested assets increasing, our investment in the four subordinated debt positions in collateralized loan obligation funds managed by Trimaran Advisors, L.L.C. that we acquired in connection with our acquisition of Trimaran Advisors in February 2012, and the increased asset management dividends from our wholly owned asset manager affiliates (Trimaran Advisors L.L.C. and Katonah Debt Advisors, L.L.C.), primarily as a result of our acquisition of Trimaran Advisors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV