Northwestern Memorial HealthCare And Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation To Integrate As Part Of Plan For Northwestern Medicine
CHICAGO, March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (Feinberg), Northwestern Memorial HealthCare (NMHC), Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation (NMFF), and Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group (NMPG) today announced plans to integrate their clinical operations under one unified organization that will be branded Northwestern Medicine.
As part of this integration, a new combined physician enterprise will be established, to be called Northwestern Medical Group (NMG). This new entity will allow the aligned clinical organizations of Northwestern Medicine to better coordinate patient care, teaching and research.
"Integrating our clinical organizations will allow us to maximize resources to support bold new endeavors in treatment, research and academic pursuits," said Eric G. Neilson, MD, Vice President of Medical Affairs and Dean of Feinberg, who will chair the NMG Board of Directors.
"Combining our clinical enterprises enhances our ability to retain and recruit the nation's best physicians, nurses, researchers, students and other professional healthcare staff to improve the patient experience, while positioning us to meet the challenges of national healthcare reform," said Dean M. Harrison, who will be President and CEO of the integrated health system. "The transition will be seamless to our patients and offer well coordinated care with greater access closer to where our patients live and work."The groups signed a letter of intent today, and will continue negotiating a definitive agreement over the coming months, aiming to close by September 1, 2013. SOURCE Northwestern Medicine
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV