Blucora, Inc. (NASDAQ:BCOR) announced today the closing of its previously announced private offering of 4.25% Convertible Senior Notes due 2019 (the “Convertible Notes”). Blucora issued $201.25 million aggregate principal amount of Convertible Notes (which includes $26.25 million aggregate principal amount of notes issued pursuant to the initial purchasers’ exercise in full of their over-allotment option). The offering and sale of the Convertible Notes was made through a private placement under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”).
The net proceeds from this offering were approximately $194.2 million, after deducting discounts to the initial purchasers and estimated offering expenses payable by Blucora. Blucora intends to use the net proceeds of the offering for working capital and general corporate purposes, including acquisitions.
The Convertible Notes are general unsecured senior obligations of Blucora. The Convertible Notes will bear interest at a fixed rate of 4.25% per year, payable semi-annually in arrears on April 1 and October 1 of each year, beginning on October 1, 2013. The Convertible Notes will mature on April 1, 2019, unless earlier purchased, redeemed, or converted in accordance with their terms.
This press release is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an
offer to buy any of these securities and shall not constitute an offer,
solicitation, or sale in any jurisdiction in which such offer,
solicitation, or sale is unlawful. The Convertible Notes and the shares
of Blucora common stock, if any, issuable upon conversion of the notes
have not been and will not be registered under the Securities Act or any
state securities laws, and unless so registered, may not be offered or
sold in the United States except pursuant to an exemption from the
registration requirements of the Securities Act and any applicable state
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV