SEATTLE, March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing's (NYSE: BA) development study on improvements to the market-leading 777, known as 777X, will include GE as the engine partner on the twin-aisle airplane expected to enter service near the end of the decade.
"This decision to work with GE going forward reflects the best match to the development program, schedule and airplane performance," said Bob Feldmann, vice president and general manager, 777X Development, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "We are studying airplane improvements that will extend today's 777 efficiencies and reliability for the next two decades or longer, and the engines are a significant part of that effort. Our focus is on providing the most competitive offering to our customers in the large twin aisle market."
The 777 is the unequivocal market leader in long-haul service, delivering proven performance, profitability and reliability to airlines around the world. The future 777 models, expected to enter service at the end of the decade, will include increased fuel efficiency, enhanced passenger comfort and increased range.
The development work on the next-generation 777 continues and includes 777 customers from around the world. "We have had strong and productive engagement with a broad set of customers in the marketplace to understand their future needs. We are pleased with where we are in the process," Feldmann said. "We are aggressively moving forward on our plan and will continue to refine requirements with customers."The next step for 777X may include offering the airplane to customers and eventual launch as a committed airplane program. Contact: Karen CrabtreeProduct Strategy Communications+1 206 605 0374 SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV