3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks
Dominion Resources Black Warrior (NYSE: DOM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 12.30%. Dominion Resources Black Warrior Trust operates as a grantor trust in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.16. Currently there are no analysts that rate Dominion Resources Black Warrior a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Dominion Resources Black Warrior has been 69,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dominion Resources Black Warrior has a market cap of $41.0 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 76.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Dominion Resources Black Warrior as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DOM has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 99.35, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for DOMINION RES BLACK WARRIOR is currently very high, coming in at 100.00%. DOM has managed to maintain the strong profit margin since the same quarter of last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DOM's net profit margin of 77.81% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- DOM, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 53.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- DOMINION RES BLACK WARRIOR has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, DOMINION RES BLACK WARRIOR reported lower earnings of $0.93 versus $1.17 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 59.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.92 million to $0.78 million.
- You can view the full Dominion Resources Black Warrior Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV