5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
El Paso Pipeline Partners (NYSE: EPB) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.90%. El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. engages in the interstate storage and transportation of natural gas in the United States. The company owns 100% interest in Wyoming Interstate Company, L.L.C. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.13. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate El Paso Pipeline Partners a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for El Paso Pipeline Partners has been 472,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. El Paso Pipeline Partners has a market cap of $8.9 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 10.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates El Paso Pipeline Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EPB's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS LP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS LP is currently very high, coming in at 74.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 45.64% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 28.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $139.00 million to $178.00 million.
- You can view the full El Paso Pipeline Partners Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV