Local Media Invited To Cover NASA Outreach Activities At Maryland Science Center
GREENBELT, Md., March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Local news media are invited to the Maryland Science Center at 601 Light Street, Baltimore, on Friday, March 22, to cover hands-on NASA Sun Earth Day activities from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. EDT.
Educator specialists from NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. will be on hand working with 3,000 local middle and high school students on various experiments. This year's Sun-Earth Program theme is "Solar Max: Storm Warning!"
Planned activities include observing the sun through solar telescopes and comparing what they see to images taken by various NASA's heliophysics' missions such as the Solar Dynamics Observatory, Solar Terrestrial Observatory (STEREO) and Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO), and perform real-time experiments with the sun's ultraviolet light.Later from 1 to 2:30 p.m. EDT in the Maryland Science Center's SpaceLink area, students and the public will be treated to a live NASA Edge webcast from NASA's Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia. NASA Edge programs feature hosts who explore NASA science and missions in an offbeat, funny, yet informative way. Program highlights include a discussion of solar maximum, auroras and why NASA studies them, planetary effects of solar maximum, and highlights from NASA's recent VISIONS sounding rocket mission. Media interested in covering this event should contact Susan Hendrix at 301-286-7745. For more information about all of NASA's Sun-Earth Days activities, visit: www.sunearthday.nasa.gov/2013 For more information and directions to the Maryland Science Center, visit: www.mdsci.org/ For more information about NASA's solar missions, visit: www.nasa.gov/sunearth SOURCE NASA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV