REDONDO BEACH, Calif., March 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) will highlight products and initiatives for affordable, protected military satellite communications during SATELLITE 2013, March 18–21, in Washington, D.C.
Capabilities featured at the company's exhibit – No. 7057 at the Washington Convention Center – bridge the gap between today's capabilities and tomorrow's needs and include:
- Protected communication payloads the company builds for Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF) military communication satellites
- Hosted payloads for the Enhanced Polar System (EPS), which will provide continuous coverage for secure, jam-resistant, strategic and tactical military satellite communications in the North Polar Region, and
- New Low Cost Terminals that provide affordable protected satellite communications for tactical fighting forces.
"During SATELLITE 2013, Northrop Grumman will show how it is leveraging the government's investment in protected communication technologies to deliver innovative and affordable capabilities for strategic and tactical users," said Tim Frei, vice president, Communication Systems, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems.The company recently delivered the first of two protected communications payloads for the U.S. Air Force's EPS. The extremely high frequency (EHF) payload leverages protected communications technologies the company developed for the Air Force's AEHF satellite payloads on a smaller scale to meet reduced mission requirements for EPS. Low Cost Terminals address a long-standing military requirement for affordable technologies and systems that provide anti-jam and secure technologies for tactical fighting forces in theatre. An industry team composed of Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin and TeleCommunication Systems plans to provide these terminals at a cost significantly below currently fielded EHF terminals. A presentation about the company's protected satellite communication affordability initiatives will be given Wed., March 20, at 10:30 a.m. in the main exhibit hall by Greg Edlund, director, Communication Systems, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems. Northrop Grumman has provided sophisticated and robust protected satellite communications payloads with increasing, highly secure connectivity to U.S. military forces for nearly 30 years. As the only company with this capability, Northrop Grumman delivers survivable communications that help achieve information superiority.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV