Nevada Republicans Want New Mining Tax
Republicans in the Assembly are taking a similar position to that of the governor and are distancing themselves from the pro-mining tax Senate Republicans.
Nevada Democrats have vowed to find more money for education, but they have not rushed to take a stance on the idea of higher mining taxes. Such a measure, if successful, would not go into effect until 2015, and Democrats are reportedly focused on getting money sooner rather than later.
However, a measure to milk miners for more money is expected to be popular among Nevada's urban voters. Mining is commonly viewed as rural business that benefits individuals in those areas.
“We are proposing that we can give voters a choice about how we generate more revenue to fund education in our state,” said Roberson in a press release.Securities Disclosure: I, Michelle Smith, hold equity interests in Goldcorp. Nevada Republicans Want New Mining Tax from Gold Investing News
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV