NASA TV News Conference To Discuss Planck Cosmology Findings
WASHINGTON, March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA will host a news conference at 11 a.m. EDT Thursday, March 21, to discuss the first cosmology results from Planck, a European Space Agency mission with significant NASA participation.
The briefing will be held in the James E. Webb Auditorium at NASA Headquarters at 300 E St. SW in Washington. It will be broadcast live on NASA Television and streamed on the agency's website.
Planck launched into space in 2009 and has been scanning the skies ever since, mapping cosmic microwave background, or the afterglow, of the big bang that created our universe more than 13 billion years ago.The briefing participants are: -- Paul Hertz, director of astrophysics, NASA, Washington -- Charles Lawrence, U.S. Planck project scientist, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), Pasadena, Calif. -- Martin White, U.S. Planck scientist, University of California, Berkeley, Calif. -- Krzysztof Gorski, U.S. Planck scientist, JPL -- Marc Kamionkowski, professor of physics and astronomy, John Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md. News media representatives may ask questions from participating NASA centers or by telephone. To participate by phone, reporters must send an email providing name, media affiliation and telephone number to email@example.com by 10 a.m. March 21. News media representatives and the public may send questions via Twitter to #AskNASA. For NASA TV streaming video, scheduling and downlink information, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/ntv The event will also be streamed live on Ustream at: http://www.ustream/tv/nasajpl2 For more information about Planck, visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV