Equally desirable, KXI's worst drawdown over the four-year bull market is approximately 15%... much less than the drawdown for a comparable benchmark like the iShares S&P 100 Global Index Fund (IOO).
3. Pimco 0-5 Year High Yield Corporate Bond (HYS). What if interest rates rise... won't that hurt high-yield bonds? Perhaps, but it is more likely to hurt the longer-end of the curve. What if the stock market crashes... don't high yield bonds tend to correlate more with stocks than bonds?
Yes, but this shorter-term high yield vehicle has 336 securities with an effective maturity of 2.9 years; its 5% distribution yield and monthly income stream is plenty of reward for the possibility of a modest price pullback.Follow @etfexpert This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV