Chicago Student Game Developers Win Top Prize At Washington D.C. Summit
CHICAGO, March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This weekend, the student game developers of Chicago-based tech start-up JiveHealth are returning from an amazing spring break. But instead of sun burns as souvenirs, they're bringing home $10,000, a ton of expert business advice, and the First Lady's blessing of their new smartphone game aimed at fighting childhood obesity.
This week, Tribeca Flashpoint Academy students Nathan Wangler and Hailey Schmidt and Northwestern University student Dennis Ai attended the Building a Healthier Future Summit in Washington D.C., where they treated a panel of judges and Mrs. Obama to a demonstration of their new game, Jungo.
"The game is all about augmentation, and it's all about changing childhood [eating] behaviors in small ways," said game designer Wangler. "Some items, like apples, only exist in the real world. To get this upgrade, your child will have to go to the supermarket or refrigerator, find an apple, and take a picture of it. Our game's algorithm digitalizes their photo into a virtual apple which she then is able to upgrade her character with."Jungo took home first prize, winning business advice from marketing expert Mark Hass (Edelman US), business strategist Vivian Riefberg (McKinsey & Company), and entrepreneur Steve Krein (StartUp Health); plus $10,000 to help them get their new business off the ground. "To have this opportunity is more than I could have ever asked for," said Schmidt, the game's artist. "To work on something that I actually really wanted to work on from the start of even considering to be a game artist is absolutely incredible."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV