1. As of noon trading, Schlumberger ( SLB) is up $0.90 (1.1%) to $79.65 on average volume Thus far, 4.5 million shares of Schlumberger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $78.48-$79.68 after having opened the day at $78.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.75. Schlumberger Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the supply of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to oil and gas exploration and production industries worldwide. Schlumberger has a market cap of $103.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 23 analysts that rate Schlumberger a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Schlumberger as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and poor profit margins. Get the full Schlumberger Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the energy industry could consider Energy Select Sector SPDR ( XLE) while those bearish on the energy industry could consider Proshares Short Oil & Gas ( DDG). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts