3 Stocks Pushing The Consumer Goods Sector Higher
1. As of noon trading, Monster Beverage ( MNST) is up $1.00 (2.1%) to $48.13 on average volume Thus far, 1.3 million shares of Monster Beverage exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $46.97-$48.47 after having opened the day at $47.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.13. Monster Beverage Corporation, through its subsidiaries, develops, markets, sells, and distributes alternative beverage category beverages in the United States and internationally. Monster Beverage has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 25.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Monster Beverage a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Monster Beverage as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Monster Beverage Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer goods sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the consumer goods sector could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts