State Dept. Snubs Congressional Panel As ACLJ & Wife Of American Pastor Imprisoned In Iran Calls For More U.S. Involvement To Free U.S. Citizen
Naghmeh also told the Commission her disappointment with the lack of involvement by the U.S. government. "I must tell you that I am disappointed with my government," she said. "I am disappointed that our President and our State Department have not fully engaged this case – disappointed that this great country is not doing more to free my husband, a U.S. citizen. I expect more from our government. We should know that as American citizens, our government will stand up for us. I have been told that I have not requested the assistance of the State Department. That is not the case. I have pleaded many times for their help to free my husband. I continue to ask our government to bring my husband, my children's father, back home."
Following the testimony, Chairman Wolf said his Commission had been in touch with Secretary of State Kerry's office and will be formally requesting that someone designated by Secretary Kerry meet directly with Naghmeh soon to discuss her husband's plight.
The testimony from Jay Sekulow, Jordan Sekulow, and Naghmeh Abedini before today's Congressional panel is available here.
Today's testimony is the latest development in the ACLJ's global effort – which includes presenting testimony before the U.N. Human Rights Council - in an effort secure Pastor Saeed's freedom. At the same time, more than 500,000 people already have signed on to our petition demanding his release.Led by ACLJ Chief Counsel Jay Sekulow, the American Center for Law and Justice is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has affiliated offices in Israel, Russia, Kenya, France, Pakistan, and Zimbabwe. The ACLJ is online at aclj.org. MEDIA CONTACTS: For Print: Gene Kapp (757) 575-9520 For Broadcast: Alison Geist (770) 813-0000 SOURCE American Center for Law and Justice
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV