JANA Partners Releases Letter From Independent Nominees For Agrium Board
The Hon. Lyle Vanclief, P.C., P. AG (Dist)Stephen Clark PLEASE JOIN US IN VOTING THE BLUE PROXY OR VIF "FOR" UNLOCKING AGRIUM'S SUBSTANTIAL VALUE CREATION POTENTIAL
- Barry Rosenstein. Founder and Managing Partner of JANA Partners LLC, which has a 12-year track record of value-creating change and is Agrium's largest shareholder.
- David Bullock. Over 20 years of operational finance experience including in ag distribution as the past CFO and COO of United Agri Products Inc. (UAP), which Agrium has cited as a direct comparable to its Retail business. Dave executed UAP's turnaround, working capital reduction plan and growth strategy, generating a return of over 1,700% from the time of UAP's leveraged buyout to its sale to Agrium.
- Mitchell Jacobson. Over 35 years of distribution experience including as past CEO, current Chairman and principal shareholder of MSC Industrial, which Agrium has cited as a direct comparable to its Retail business. Mitch built MSC into a leading distribution company, generating a return of approximately 800% as a public company, and creating a market capitalization of more than $5 billion.
- Hon. Lyle Vanclief. Former Canadian federal Minister of Agriculture and Agri-food and member of the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame. A 22-year career as an agricultural entrepreneur where he was a direct customer of agricultural distribution companies like Agrium.
- Stephen Clark. Over 30 years of distribution experience including as past CEO and current director of Brenntag AG, which Agrium has cited as a direct comparable to its Retail business. Stephen built Brenntag into the world's largest chemical distribution company with a market capitalization of more than $9 billion, generating a return of over 1,900% from the time it was taken private in 2003 through its current public company status.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts