Congressman Fattah Salutes AmeriCorps As "Patriotic And Life Molding Experience"
WASHINGTON, March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Congressman Chaka Fattah (D-PA-02), an advocate for national and community service for young Americans, issues this statement in honor of AmeriCorps Week 2013:
"The red jackets worn by the young men and women of City Year – a major initiative of AmeriCorps – are a welcome sight around the schools, playgrounds and neighborhoods of my home town of Philadelphia. Young people in this and other AmeriCorps programs perform valuable work every day in our cities, rural areas and elsewhere across the nation.
"This week, in the 20 th year since its founding, I congratulate AmeriCorps and offer it as a bold example for the kind of national service to engage our young people in building a better America.
"To that end I have co-sponsored AmeriCorps legislation and fought for its appropriations. I also have proposed a connection between my American Opportunity Tax Credit and national service as a pathway to make college more affordable."This week is also the appropriate time to extend our nation's gratitude to a great American, Harris Wofford, the undisputed champion of national service throughout his distinguished career. Just last month my friend was awarded the Presidential Citizens Medal, the nation's second highest civilian honor. "National service, especially in AmeriCorps, is an important, patriotic and life molding experience for young Americans. Across our nation, every week is AmeriCorps Week." SOURCE Office of Congressman Chaka Fattah
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV