Cargill Welcomes Japan Into TPP Negotiations
MINNEAPOLIS, March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As a steadfast supporter of open markets and free trade, Cargill welcomes Japan's decision to enter the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) negotiations.
" Japan's decision to join the TPP negotiations sends a strong signal about the impact this free trade agreement can have on the Asia-Pacific region," said Greg Page, Cargill chairman and CEO. "We truly hope such an agreement can advance the cause of a more food secure world."
Cargill believes that TPP must be comprehensive and include all products across all industry sectors to be truly effective. This will take unprecedented cooperation.
" Japan's role in TPP can be a positive and game-changing event," said Devry Boughner Vorwerk, director of international business relations for Cargill and co-chair of the U.S Business Coalition for TPP. "As one of the world's largest economies, Japan enhances the commercial meaningfulness of any agreement."Cargill looks forward to the next round of discussions in Peru this May and having Japan at the table in the near future. About Cargill Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 142,000 people in 65 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business. For more information, visit Cargill.com and its news center. SOURCE Cargill
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV