Gold traders may be looking ahead to next week's Fed monetary policy announcement, expected to emerge on Wednesday. Shortly after the report, Chairman Ben Bernanke will give a press conference to address questions over the latest monetary policy actions by the central bank.
Also on Wednesday, the Bank of England will announce the minutes of its March 6 and 7 monetary policy meeting.
Among volume leaders, Barrick Gold (ABX) ticked up 0.1%.Gold ETF SPDR Gold Trust (GLD) closed higher by 0.21%, and iShares Gold Trust (IAU) added 0.16%. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV