- Cash reimbursement airlines and cruise companies may not provide in event of trip cancellation. Many airline and cruise companies’ insurance policies strictly limit allowable reasons for trip cancellation. The Sallie Mae policy helps protect against cancellations due to weather, natural disaster, sickness, injury, death in the family and trip delays.
- Protection for medical events and medical expenses. Health insurance may not protect students from high costs of medical treatment while traveling, especially outside of the United States. Travel insurance may help cover medical expenses and medical evacuation to return home.
- Extra baggage protection. Travel insurance can cover the expenses from baggage loss, delay, theft and damage that a homeowner’s policy and credit card may not cover.
- Value-added travel assistance services. Travel assistance services provide students and parents with additional security and convenience at no extra cost with services like recovery of identification in the event of ID theft and emergency cash advance.
College Students Traveling For Spring Break Can Relax Even More With Travel Insurance From Sallie Mae
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts