Spring break is a popular time for college students to travel, and Sallie Mae wants to remind students to plan for the unexpected. As millions of college students prepare for vacation getaways this spring, Sallie Mae’s travel insurance helps ensure students’ needs are met in the event their trip is cut short due to unexpected weather conditions or because of an unfortunate medical issue.
“College students deserve to enjoy relaxing safely, and their parents don’t need extra worry,” said Charlie Rocha, senior vice president, Sallie Mae. “Students and their families can easily and affordably protect their travel to make sure a welcome break from the books comes with peace of mind.”
Sallie Mae’s travel insurance includes interruption insurance, protecting the trip cost in the event of unplanned circumstances such as inclement weather or illness. At a fraction of the total trip cost, travel insurance is a low-cost way to protect the total amount spent on spring break, and can be purchased up to the day of travel.
Sallie Mae’s travel insurance benefits include:
- Cash reimbursement airlines and cruise companies may not provide in event of trip cancellation. Many airline and cruise companies’ insurance policies strictly limit allowable reasons for trip cancellation. The Sallie Mae policy helps protect against cancellations due to weather, natural disaster, sickness, injury, death in the family and trip delays.
- Protection for medical events and medical expenses. Health insurance may not protect students from high costs of medical treatment while traveling, especially outside of the United States. Travel insurance may help cover medical expenses and medical evacuation to return home.
- Extra baggage protection. Travel insurance can cover the expenses from baggage loss, delay, theft and damage that a homeowner’s policy and credit card may not cover.
- Value-added travel assistance services. Travel assistance services provide students and parents with additional security and convenience at no extra cost with services like recovery of identification in the event of ID theft and emergency cash advance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV