Wisconsin Adds 12,400 Private Jobs In January
MADISON, Wis. (AP) â¿¿ Wisconsin has added 12,400 private sector jobs in January while the unemployment rate increased to 7 percent.
The latest numbers were reported Thursday by the state Department of Workforce Development.
The report shows the state added 12,400 private sector jobs in January while government jobs decreased by 10,600. The department says the large drop in government jobs is likely due to a timing issue related to the University of Wisconsin System's payroll schedule.
Those numbers are based on a survey of about 3.5 percent of businesses and subject to significant revision.The unemployment rate increased from 6.7 percent to 7 percent, but remains below the national rate of 7.9 percent. The most reliable data showing how many jobs were created in 2012 is scheduled to be released in June.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV