Arizona Jobless Rate For January Was 8 Percent
PHOENIX (AP) â¿¿ Arizona's unemployment rate is up, rising from 7.9 percent in December to 8 percent in January.
The state Department of Administration released the latest figures Thursday.
Department economists say there were seasonal job losses in Arizona's government and the private sector.
The department says Arizona lost 45,500 non-farm jobs in January.Retail trade and employment industries lost the most jobs, reflecting typical reductions after the December holiday shopping season. Economists say local public education lost 9,400 jobs around Arizona, the largest January loss in that sector since 2007.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV