BENTON HARBOR, Mich., March 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) announced today the appointment of Esther Berrozpe as president of the company's Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region and to the company's Executive Committee. Berrozpe is currently vice president of European markets for the company's EMEA region.
"Esther is a proven global leader at Whirlpool Corporation. Her experience in both Europe and North America is strong, and she is well-suited to lead our European business," said Jeff Fettig, chairman and CEO of Whirlpool Corporation.
She replaces Jose Drummond, who will return to Brazil for personal reasons and continue his role of president, Whirlpool S.A. Brazil board of directors, until year-end.Berrozpe became vice president of European markets, EMEA, in August 2012. Prior to this role, she was vice president, Brand and Product, North America Region. Berrozpe joined Whirlpool Corporation in June 2000 and has held various trade marketing, product and brand leadership roles of increasing accountability in Europe and in North America. Berrozpe has a bachelor's and master's degree from Deusto University in Spain. She also studied Economics and International Business at Universita degli Studi Bergamo in Italy. Berrozpe's new role will be effective May 1, 2013. About Whirlpool CorporationWhirlpool Corporation is the world's leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, with annual sales of approximately $18 billion in 2012, 68,000 employees, and 65 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Consul, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Additional information about the company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com. SOURCE Whirlpool Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV