Active leisure travelers in Brazil seek alternative accommodations to traditional resorts, hotels or motels, according to research commissioned by Interval International, a prominent worldwide provider of vacation services. In fact, more than nine in 10 respondents who have vacationed in condominium-style accommodations report an interest in staying in such accommodations during the next two years. Nearly four in 10 state that they are interested in purchasing shared resort real estate, including timeshare or fractional product, in the same time period.
These are some of the insights of the Shared Ownership 2012: A Market Perspective – Brazil Edition produced exclusively for Interval by Ipsos Reid LP, one of the world’s leading survey-based market research firms. The study provides in-depth information about the demographic characteristics, vacation preferences, and product perceptions of leisure travelers who reside in Brazil.
“This report should be of particular value to resort developers and marketers, as well as those considering entrance into the industry, to understand the behavior of the prospective purchasing group in Brazil,” said Marcos Agostini, Interval’s senior vice president of resort sales and business development for Latin America. “The desire to stay in condominium-style accommodations and own vacation real estate illustrates how shared ownership resort products are well positioned to serve the needs of these consumers.”
“The results of the study validate the opportunities for shared ownership in this market,” noted David Pierzchala, senior vice president of Ipsos Reid. “The report also provides a richness of demographic and behavioral data among Brazil’s leisure travelers.”Notable Findings
- More than half of leisure travelers residing in Brazil are married (55%), between 35 and 54 years of age, and live in households with slightly more than three persons.
- More than 8 in 10 (84%) prospective owners of vacation time cite the ability to bring their families together to share rest and relaxation as the most appealing attribute of shared ownership.
- More than four in 10 (44%) report that the two-bedroom unit configuration is the unit size most preferred when considering the purchase of a shared ownership product.
- Respondents report that they have taken an average of four (3.8) leisure trips in the past year and more than half (53%) plan to take more trips in the next 12 months than they took last year.
- Nearly six in 10 (57%) express a desire to visit the Northeastern geographic region of the country within the next two years, while a lesser proportion (17%) are interested in visiting the Southeast.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV