Former Marine Carole Simpson was feeding her two dogs at her home in rural Columbia, Tenn., when she heard the knock at her front door. Moments later, Simpson learned she is the winner of the HGTV Dream Home Giveaway 2013, a grand prize package worth more than $2 million, and including a fully furnished home on Kiawah Island, S.C., a new GMC® Acadia® Denali® and $500,000.
This press release has an accompanying Smart Marketing Page providing further details about the organization, products and services introduced below. You can access the Smart Marketing Page via the following link: https://smp.newshq.businesswire.com/pages/hgtv-dream-home-winner
“This is amazing,” Simpson said, when she answered her door to find her daughter, Nicole, and HGTV’s Monica Pedersen with the good news. “I almost can’t believe it. This is going to be fun.”
Pulling off the surprise required some creativity on the part of Pedersen and the HGTV production crew that recorded the happy moment. They enlisted the help of Simpson’s daughter to help keep a lid on the secret until they could sneak up the long open driveway.“This was our first-ever double ambush,” Pedersen said. “We broke the news to Nicole first, so she could help us keep it a surprise until the right moment.” Simpson, an avid baker, says she’s especially excited about the elaborate kitchen in her new dream home, and thrilled about the gas fireplace so she will no longer have to haul wood. She says she’ll use some of the cash prize to visit her son and his family in Australia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV