Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2012 Financial Results
Total revenues for the fourth quarter 2012 of $9.5 million consisted solely of net product revenue. During the fourth quarter 2011, total revenues of $7.9 million also included $2.5 million in contract revenue related to the Company's previous co-promotion agreement with Astellas which ended March 31, 2012. Net product revenues for the fourth quarter 2012 of $9.5 million were up 75% from $5.4 million in the fourth quarter 2011. Total revenues for the full year 2012, which consist of net product revenue and contract revenue, were $44.3 million, up 18% from $37.6 million in 2011. Net product revenues for the full year 2012 were $35.9 million, up 18% from $30.4 million in 2011. Contract revenue for the full year 2012 was $8.5 million, and includes the final amortization of license and milestone payments received from Astellas, the amortization of which was accelerated due to the earlier termination date of the co-promotion agreement. This compares to contract revenue of $7.2 million in 2011.
Cost of sales for the fourth quarter 2012 was $6.0 million, compared to $5.0 million in the fourth quarter 2011. Product gross margin was 37% in the fourth quarter 2012, compared to 9% in the fourth quarter 2011. This improvement in product gross margin was primarily due to an increase in average net selling price.
Cost of sales for the full year 2012 was $19.5 million, compared to $19.3 million in 2011. Product gross margin was 46% in the full year 2012, compared to 37% in 2011. This improvement in product gross margin was primarily due to a decrease in average unit cost.Royalty expense for the fourth quarter and full year 2012 was $0.4 million and $1.4 million, compared to $0.2 million and $1.2 million in the fourth quarter and full year 2011, reflecting the impact of increased net product revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV