StemCells (STEM) is engaged in the research, development and commercialization of stem cell therapeutics. This stock closed up 1.1% to $1.82 on Thursday.
Thursday's Range: $1.78-$1.85
52-Week Range: $0.59-$2.67Volume: 254,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 556,110 From a technical perspective, STEM bounced modestly higher here right off its 50-day moving average of $1.76 with lighter-than-average volume. This move is quickly pushing shares of STEM within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit if STEM manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $1.84 to $1.88 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in STEM as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $1.76 or some key near-term support at $1.70 and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 556,110 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then STEM will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $1.99 to $2.13. Any high-volume move above $2.13 will then put $2.50 into range for shares of STEM. To see more stocks that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV