NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- I am getting really paranoid these days. I listened to part of Sen. Rand Paul's filibuster the other day. It would seem that my government can now take me out with a drone strike without due process. Bin-Laden's son gets a trial by jury, but I have drones buzzing over my head that are ready to strike.
What is wrong with this picture?
There is nothing wrong with the following picture. This is a one-year chart of TransDigm Group (TDG), a leading maker of drone parts.
Somehow drone parts sound like something that are a part of my Chinese McNuggets, not ears and eyeballs in the sky spying on our every move. Oh well, if you can't beat them, you may as well join them. Let's invest in these drone parts as they seem to be everywhere and they are not going away anytime soon. While like most of you I enjoy a good stock chart just as much as the next guy, I have two other very important requirements before I buy a stock. If you would also like to hear the audio analysis of TransDigm from my daily radio show, click here. When I find a good chart that I like, I next look at the performance of the stock over the years. Data from Best Stocks Now App As you can see, TransDigm has handily outperformed the market over the last five, three, and one years. It has also outperformed the market over the last three- and one-month periods of time. The stock even beat the market during that fateful year of 2008. With this kind of stock performance, there must be something to my drone paranoia. This stock has been quietly racking up big returns while I am going to work every day. I am going to start looking up in the sky more often!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV