CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V. (NYSE: CX) announced today the winners of INTEGRATE, the company’s Global Suppliers Innovation Program. Among other attributes, the winning ideas were recognized for their innovation, financial contribution, speed and ease of implementation, and scalability for different countries and operations.
The suppliers’ proposed ideas were subjected to a two-phase evaluation process: first, scrutiny by 55 Global Procurement executives, Procurement country heads and Corporate Innovation; and second, analysis by 13 experts from different areas throughout CEMEX.
1 st PlaceFiorini Industrial Packaging S.p.A.Idea: “GH 2OST,” a cement paper sack with a patented water-soluble coating that protects cement from humidity and can be thrown into the mixer with the cement still in it.2 nd PlaceMondi Kraft PaperIdea: “The Future Is High Porous,” a paper cement sack made with high-quality porous paper that makes it lighter and stronger, while improving its operating performance. 3 rd PlaceVega Industries Ltd.Idea: “Early Order Discount Program,” rewards plants that start their maintenance and replenishment planning process earlier in the year with zero additional investment and savings ranging from 8% to 12%. “At CEMEX, we are always seeking innovative ways to improve and implement new ideas. We believe that fostering innovation alongside our suppliers promotes continuous improvement across our supply chain, benefiting both our company and our suppliers,” said Jaime Elizondo, President of CEMEX South, Central America and Caribbean and head of Global Procurement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV