Fluor Corporation (NYSE: FLR) announced today that it was awarded a contract by Australian mining company Crosslands Resources to complete a feasibility survey for the Jack Hills Expansion Project in Western Australia. Fluor booked the undisclosed contract in the first quarter of 2013.
As part of the contract, Fluor is responsible for validating, refining and finalizing a study conducted by Crosslands Resources’ Strategic Asset Review regarding a major expansion of the Jack Hills Iron Ore mine. The process plant facilities will handle 61 million tonnes per annum of feed ore to produce a magnetite iron ore concentrate.
“Fluor is pleased to provide our services to analyze and validate the potential of this promising mine,” said Rick Koumouris, Fluor’s business line lead for Mining & Metals.
The Jack Hills mine is operated by Crosslands Resources Ltd., which is owned by the Mitsubishi Development Pty Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation. In the past five years, the mine produced about 1.8 million tonnes per annum of direct shipping iron ore.About Fluor Corporation For more than 100 years, Fluor Corporation (NYSE: FLR) has partnered with its clients to design, build and maintain many of the world's most challenging and complex capital projects. Through its global network of offices on six continents, more than 40,000 employees provide comprehensive capabilities and world-class expertise in the fields of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, fabrication, operations, maintenance and project management. Today, the company serves a global client base in the energy, chemicals, government, industrial, infrastructure, operations & maintenance, manufacturing & life sciences, mining, power and transportation sectors. Headquartered in Irving, Texas, Fluor ranks 124 on the FORTUNE 500 list and had revenue of $27.6 billion in 2012. For more information visit www.fluor.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV