Following the Federal Reserve Board’s release of 2013 CCAR results, JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) today announced that:
- The Firm is authorized to repurchase an additional $6 billion of common equity between April 1, 2013 and March 31, 2014.
- The Board of Directors intends to declare the first quarter common stock dividend of $0.30 per share.
- The Board of Directors intends to increase the Firm’s quarterly common stock dividend to $0.38 per share, effective second quarter of 2013.
The Federal Reserve Board informed the Firm today that it does not object to the Firm’s proposed 2013 capital distribution plan. The Federal Reserve Board also asked that the Firm submit an additional capital plan by the end of the third quarter addressing the weaknesses identified in the Firm’s capital planning processes. Following their review, the Federal Reserve Board may require the Firm to modify its capital distributions.
Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase said: “We are pleased to announce that our Board intends to increase our dividend in the second quarter, returning it to its highest level, and to continue our equity buyback program. We anticipate reaching a Basel III Tier I common ratio of 9.5% by the end of this year after these capital actions and with the ongoing growth in our businesses.”
Mr. Dimon added: “JPMorgan Chase is fully committed to meeting all of the Fed’s requirements.”The Firm’s 2013 dividends will be subject to the Board’s approval at the customary times those dividends are declared. The Board intends to declare the first quarter common stock dividend of $0.30 per share on March 19, 2013. The second quarter dividend, which the Board intends to increase to $0.38 per share, would be for shareholders of record on July 5, payable on July 31, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV