- The potential increase in the quarterly common stock dividend, which will be considered by the Board at its scheduled quarterly meeting in June
- The potential repurchase of up to $750 million in trust preferred securities (TruPS), subject to the determination of a regulatory capital event, and replacement with the issuance of a similar amount of Tier 2-qualifying subordinated debt
- The potential conversion of the $398 million in outstanding Series G 8.5 percent convertible preferred stock into approximately 35.5 million common shares issued to the holders. 1 (Note that these securities are currently accounted for under the “if-converted” method for inclusion in common shares for earnings per share reporting purposes.)
- If this conversion were to occur, we would intend to repurchase the common shares issued in the conversion up to $550 million in market value 2, and issue $550 million in preferred stock.
- The net effect of the potential Series G transactions described above is to produce a Tier 1 capital neutral outcome (Tier 1 common equity would be modestly reduced by $152 million). It would be approximately neutral to common shares outstanding, but would reduce diluted common shares for earnings per share reporting purposes by approximately 33.6 million shares. 3
- The potential repurchase of common shares in an amount up to $984 million, including any shares issued in a Series G preferred stock conversion (up to $550 million in value). 4
- In addition, we would currently intend to make incremental repurchases of common shares in the amount of any after-tax gains from the sale of Vantiv, Inc. (“Vantiv”) stock.
- These common share repurchase plans were intended to limit the further accumulation of excess common equity capital during the CCAR period.
- The potential issuance of an additional $500 million in preferred stock to increase the non-common portion of Tier 1 capital as defined under Basel III proposed rules
Fifth Third Announces 2013 CCAR Capital Plan
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.