- Multiyear grant to support cyber competitions through 2016
- Program expands to middle schools and internationally
NATIONAL HARBOR, Md., March 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Northrop Grumman Foundation announced today that it will continue as presenting sponsor of CyberPatriot, the national high school cyber defense competition, with a $4.5 million, three-year grant to the Air Force Association (AFA).
As the largest contributor to the program since 2010, the Northrop Grumman Foundation will support CyberPatriot competitions VI through VIII, and will build on the program's extraordinary growth by expanding into middle schools and internationally. This support will help build a global pipeline of cyber defenders to meet the growing demand for cyber pros to keep our networks safe.
CyberPatriot was created by the AFA to inspire high school students toward careers in cybersecurity or other science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines critical to the nation's future. The CyberPatriot V National Finals Competition will take place tomorrow at the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center at National Harbor, Md., near Washington, D.C."We are thrilled to partner with the Air Force Association and again be the presenting sponsor of CyberPatriot. We've seen explosive growth in the competition, with students from diverse backgrounds and from every corner of the U.S. participating and getting excited about careers in cybersecurity," said Sandra Evers-Manly, president of the Northrop Grumman Foundation. "We share a mission to help improve the quality of STEM education from early grades through the university level. Through CyberPatriot, we can reach out into schools across the country and around the world to teach and inspire students to explore the exciting world of cybersecurity." Since Northrop Grumman first signed on as presenting sponsor, CyberPatriot has grown by nearly 86 percent. It grew from 661 registered teams in 2010 to more than 1,200 teams registered in 2012, competing from all 50 states and U.S. Department of Defense dependent schools in Europe and the Pacific, as well as teams from Canada.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV