According to the American Heart Association (AHA), each day more than 2,000 people die from cardiovascular disease, or one death every 40 seconds. To help raise heart disease awareness, Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ: CTAS), a leader in first aid supplies and automated external defibrillator (AED) programs, today announced it has teamed up with the AHA for the third consecutive year of fundraising. Cintas has set an ambitious goal to raise $175,000 through its participation in more than 50 nationwide Heart Walks & Runs this year. It will kick off its 2013 AHA fundraising events at the Mercy Health Heart Mini on Sunday, March 17 in Cincinnati.
“Over the past three years, our partnership with the AHA has evolved into a tradition among Cintas employee-partners; we all look forward to the events,” said Scott Garula, President and COO, First Aid & Safety, Cintas. “Since the goals of the AHA align directly with our mission of improving health and safety, the nationwide Cintas network is highly motivated to fundraise for this important cause.”
The AHA recently set a new goal to reduce deaths from cardiovascular disease and stroke by 20 percent through its education and research programs. Since most of the funding for AHA programs comes from its Heart Walks & Runs held nationwide, Cintas’ sponsorship will help the AHA reach their bold new goal and save lives. Over the past three years, Cintas has raised more than $140,000 for the AHA through its formal sponsorships and fundraising efforts. Additionally, Scott Garula, President and COO of Cintas First Aid & Safety and Bill Carigan, Vice President of Sales, Global Accounts and Strategic Markets, both serve as elected officials on the AHA’s Executive Leadership Team in Cincinnati. In their roles on the team, Garula and Carigan help open doors within the local Cincinnati community to increase corporate fundraising initiatives that support the AHA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV