- 30% of Millennials want a fixer-upper house over a home that needs only minimal repairs - as long as they get a deal on the price.
- 47% of young homeowners would try to fix a home maintenance problem rather than pay a professional.
- 72% of millennials say they are "as handy or more handy" with household maintenance than their parents.
- 43% do not want a "cookie-cutter" home. They want a unique home they can put their personal stamp on.
- 20% have turned their dining rooms into a home office (that's part of the push for "efficiency" referred to in the study.)
- 43% of millennial homeowners want to turn their living room into a plush home theater (that's part of the "technology" emphasis referred to in the study.)
Survey: Millennials Don't Want McMansions
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.