Looking to trade on earnings season? We compiled a list of stocks reporting over the next two weeks that have seen an increase in skepticism from short sellers (a group of investors that benefit when share price falls). [More Lists: 8 Stocks With Buy Ratings from Deutsche Bank and UBS]
- Market cap above $300 million
- Increase in shares shorted month-over-month
- Reporting earnings in the second half of March.5 Stocks made our list. Do you think the shorts are calling it right? 1. Daqo New Energy Corp. (DQ): Together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells polysilicon in China. Market cap at $319.04M. - Earnings date: 03/18/13.
- Shares shorted have increased from 112.62K to 138.13K over the last month, an increase which represents about 2.56% of the company's float of 995.84K shares. Days to cover ratio at 3.01 days.
- The g ood news is that hedge funds are optimistic: Net institutional purchases in the current quarter at 55.2K shares, which represents about 5.54% of the company's float of 995.84K shares.
2. Francesca's Holdings Corporation (FRAN): Operates a chain of retail boutiques in the United States. Market cap at $1.17B. - Earnings date: 03/19/13.
- Shares shorted have increased from 15.23M to 16.00M over the last month, an increase which represents about 2.21% of the company's float of 34.79M shares. Days to cover ratio at 16.73 days. FRAN was recently one of the most active stocks traded, and jumped in share price. Shorts were eager to see shares drop after the rally but so far remain disappointed.
- The good news is that hedge funds are optimistic: Net institutional purchases in the current quarter at 7.4M shares, which represents about 21.27% of the company's float of 34.79M shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV