1. As of noon trading, Goldman Sachs Group ( GS) is up $1.42 (0.9%) to $153.33 on average volume Thus far, 2.1 million shares of Goldman Sachs Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $152.16-$154.34 after having opened the day at $152.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $151.91. The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. provides investment banking, securities, and investment management services, as well as financial services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net-worth individuals worldwide. Goldman Sachs Group has a market cap of $70.7 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 19.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Goldman Sachs Group a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Goldman Sachs Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Goldman Sachs Group Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial services industry could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial services industry could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts