CHARLOTTE, N.C., March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UTC Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX) has been selected by Embraer to be the sole source supplier of wheels and carbon brakes for Embraer's second generation E-Jet aircraft family. UTC Aerospace Systems will provide the equipment through its Wheels & Brakes business unit headquartered in Troy, Ohio. The new Second Generation E-Jets are expected to enter into service in 2018.
UTC Aerospace Systems, Wheels & Brakes will provide the main wheel, nose wheel and carbon brakes that use proprietary DURACARB® carbon heat sink material, proven in service on more than 2,300 aircraft world-wide to provide a 35% brake life advantage over competitive products.
"We are very happy to expand our partnership with Embraer to include the successful E-Jet family and are proud they recognize the value we bring to both themselves and the aircraft operators," said Jim Wharton, President, UTC Aerospace Systems Wheels & Brakes.
UTC Aerospace Systems designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities.United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries. www.utcaerospacesystems.com SOURCE UTC Aerospace Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV