CHARLOTTE, N.C., March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Embraer has chosen UTC Aerospace Systems to provide the electric system for its new second generation E-Jet aircraft. UTC Aerospace Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The electric system comprises electric power generation, emergency power generation, primary power distribution and secondary power distribution.
Built on the success of the first generation E-Jet power generation system, the second generation E-Jet system incorporates the latest integrated drive generator technology and will provide up to 50 percent more power in a similarly sized unit.
The primary and secondary power distribution systems will provide greater performance and reliability at significantly lower weight. Innovative technologies will provide Embraer additional flexibility to make changes and updates more effectively."We are proud to continue our valued relationship with Embraer and to support their advanced E-Jet aircraft with this high performance, integrated aircraft electric system," said Tim White, president, UTC Aerospace Systems Electric Systems. "The system combines proven products with innovations to support the new E-Jet requirements for improved performance and reliability." UTC Aerospace Systems designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries. www.utcaerospacesystems.com SOURCE UTC Aerospace Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV