Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE: TEVA) today announced that 15 abstracts highlighting study results for Parkinson’s disease (PD) and relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) will be presented during the 65 th American Academy of Neurology (AAN) annual meeting in San Diego, Calif., March 16-23, 2013. New data for AZILECT ® (rasagiline tablets), an MAO-B inhibitor for the treatment of PD, will be presented as part of the meeting’s Emerging Science program (formerly known as Late-Breaking Science) on Wednesday, March 20 th at 5:45pm PST.
“We are pleased with the variety of topics and quality of research results that will be presented at AAN this year,” said Dr. Michael Hayden, President of Global R&D and Chief Scientific Officer at Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. “Teva’s legacy in CNS is grounded in our commitment to ongoing collaboration with academia, medical institutions, and patient advocacy groups to find innovative solutions for patients who live with chronic and debilitating diseases, such as RRMS and Parkinson’s disease.”
Featured presentations include:
- Results from a Phase IV clinical study evaluating AZILECT ® as Add o n to Dopamine Ago nists in the Tr eatment of Parkinson's disease (ANDANTE).
- Findings from the first year of follow-up in the Therapy Optimization in Multiple Sclerosis (TOP MS) study, the largest prospective Phase IV study conducted in RRMS, providing insight into the impact of adherence to therapy, as well as data demonstrating that more patients on COPAXONE ® (glatiramer acetate) persisted with treatment than those on beta interferon (IFN).
- Results from the Phase III ALLEGRO study in RRMS at 36 months, comparing the progression of disability and safety of patients treated with laquinimod for three years (Early-Start) and in patients originally treated with placebo in the double-blind (DB) phase and switched to laquinimod treatment (Delayed-Start) in the open-label (OL) phase of the ALLEGRO trial.
Platform Presentation/Poster Session Details:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV