RICHMOND, Va., March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Media General (NYSE: MEG) today filed its Notice of 2013 Annual Meeting and Proxy Statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
George L. Mahoney, president and chief executive officer of Media General, has been nominated to stand for election to the Board of Directors at the Annual Meeting of Shareholders on April 25, 2013.
Mr. Mahoney assumed his current position on January 1, 2013. Previously, he had been vice president and chief operating officer of the company. Prior to that, he was vice president-growth and performance, with responsibility for digital media and mobile operations and for centralized broadcast operations. Mr. Mahoney joined Media General in 1993 as general counsel and secretary; in that role he was deeply involved in all regulatory, legislative, other legal and operating matters related to the company's television stations. From 2008-2012, Mr. Mahoney led and expanded the company's innovation process, which engages employees in new product development.
Media General directors standing for re-election to the Board are: J. Stewart Bryan III, chairman; Marshall N. Morton, vice chairman; Diana F. Cantor, Dennis J. FitzSimons, Wyndham Robertson, Rodney A. Smolla, Carl S. Thigpen and Coleman Wortham III. Two directors retiring from the board are Scott D. Anthony and Thompson L. Rankin.Media General's Annual Meeting will be held on April 25, 2013 at 11 a.m. at the Bolling Haxall House, 211 E. Franklin Street, Richmond, Va. The Notice of Annual Meeting, Proxy Statement and 2012 Annual Report have been posted to the company's website at www.mediageneral.com. A photo of Mr. Mahoney is available upon request.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV