NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) gained 0.89% to reach $15.79 before market open, lifted by recent positive news. The Canadian handset maker was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 1,941,647.
BlackBerry on Wednesday said that one of its partners placed an order for 1 million of its new BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the largest-ever single purchase order in BlackBerry's history. "An order for one million devices is a tremendous vote of confidence in BlackBerry 10," said Rick Costanzo, EVP global sales, BlackBerry, in a blog posting.
Earlier this week, the Waterloo, Ontario.-based firm announced that it will start selling its new Z10 touchscreen phone on March 22. The Z10 is the first BlackBerry 10 phone to hit the market, followed by its Q10 device, which comes with a QWERTY keyboard.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV