NASHVILLE , Tenn., March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- (NYSE: MTOR) Meritor announced today its FUELite tandem axle and Meritor WABCO Electronically Controlled Air Suspension (ECAS) were named as one of the Top 20 Products of 2013 by Heavy Duty Trucking (HDT) magazine.
The award, presented at the annual Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC) meeting in Nashville, Tenn., recognizes innovative products introduced between December 2011 and November 2012 that have the potential to improve a fleet's bottom line in areas such as maintenance savings or improvements in safety or efficiency.
Meritor's FUELite is the first product in its SoloDrive Axle Series that features 6x2 tandem rear axles. Based on the proven Meritor 160 series drive axle, the FUELite tandem axle is best suited for line-haul applications to maximize weight savings and increase fuel efficiency.The Meritor FUELite tandem axle delivers nearly 400 pounds in weight savings and approximately a 2 percent increase in fuel efficiency when compared to a traditional 6x4 configuration. Features and benefits of the Meritor FUELite tandem axle include:
- Meritor's 160 DualTrac™ housing, which allows the option of running wide-based single tires or duals for enhanced efficiency and improved residual value;
- A 2.50 to 4.10 ratio range available to match the appropriate application;
- A 12.7-millimeter wall housing that is compatible with all current 40,000-pound tandem air suspensions;
- All SoloDrive Series axles, which utilize the same rear-tag axle for simplified maintenance and are designed to function optimally with Meritor brakes and options.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV