TOLEDO, Ohio, March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Owens Corning (NYSE: OC), the leading global producer of glass fiber reinforcements for composite systems, today formally announced its inclusion in a strategic alliance with BASF and TenCate Advanced Composites. The goal of the alliance is to develop optimal solutions in thermoplastic composites for automotive mass production.
According to Owens Corning Group President Arnaud Genis, "There is a critical and growing need in the automotive industry to have lighter, stronger and more environmentally efficient products. Glass fiber solutions are not fully leveraged and by combining the talent and resources of Owens Corning, BASF and TenCate - all industry leaders - we will be able to take significant weight out and find the optimum solutions for our customers quickly, and with the highest quality design and structure."
In this strategic alliance:
- BASF contributes comprehensive knowledge in the production and formulation of thermoplastic resins,
- TenCate Advanced Composites brings its expertise in composites manufacturing, and
- Owens Corning brings the technology to develop superior and tailor made fabrics and glass reinforcement solutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV