INDIANAPOLIS, March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Technical Services Company LLC (RTSC), a subsidiary of Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), has received U.S. Air Force endorsement of its Center Display Unit (CDU) as the F-16's primary flight reference (PFR). Following the endorsement late last year, the Air Force awarded Raytheon a contract for full-rate production of the first 100 CDUs.
A PFR is a requirement in all aircraft and must include airspeed, altitude and attitude data, as well as flight path information for the pilot. Besides flight data, Raytheon's CDU gives the pilot the ability to control and display information from both on-board and off-board sources, including ground force information.
"This endorsement means F-16 pilots can now use our CDU as their sole primary flight reference," said Rudy Lewis, vice president of Customized Engineering and Depot Support for RTSC. "The CDU's efficient installation -- which minimizes aircraft integration, airframe and wiring modifications -- demonstrates how we are listening to, and working with, our customers to provide advanced and cost-effective situational awareness products."About Raytheon Raytheon Company, with 2012 sales of $24 billion and 68,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @raytheon. Media Contact Mark Craft+1.317-306-7066 firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV