- The Future in Satellite Internet Connectivity Will be Showcased Along With Major Advancements in Land and Air SOTM Applications -
PETAH TIKVA, Israel, March 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (Nasdaq:GILT), a worldwide leader in satellite networking technology, solutions and services, announced today it will showcase its newest solutions for internet connectivity as well as key advancements in land and air SOTM (satellite-on-the-move) applications at the Satellite 2013 show, taking place March 18 - March 21, 2013 in Washington, DC. These solutions are designed to benefit communication professionals and end users both in developed and emerging markets.
Gilat's Satellite 2013 highlights will include:
- The 'New Simple' in Internet Connectivity, Gilat's new SkyEdge II-c system offers ISPs and VNO's the business edge they are looking for in today's competitive world. The compact, fully integrated, easy to install system allows them to start small and expand as demand grows while delivering the business flexibility they need to provide customized and competitive Internet connectivity services.
- A breakthrough solution in content contribution and distribution for broadcasters, Spacenet's Dual-Access platform combines the flexibility, control and efficiency of TDMA with the sheer speed of SCPC. This 'make-or-break' advantage for today's broadcasters will be demonstrated live at the show.
- Selected by Honeywell for their airborne antenna systems to provide in-flight connectivity to the Inmarsat Global Xpress (GX) network, Gilat's Wavestream amplifiers and transceivers set the highest standards for performance, efficiency and power. Among the Wavestream products we will be featuring are the Aerostream Transceiver and the Matchbox Mini Block Upconverter (BUC).
- Gilat's new UAV terminal addresses the defense and military market's critical need to exploit the full capabilities of the aircraft's operational range. As one of the industry's smallest and most compact aerial solutions in its category, the Gilat integrated approach can dramatically increase mission effectiveness.
- The EagleRay 7000 is part of Gilat's RaySat series of low-profile, in-motion, two-way antennas for mobile communications-on-the-move (COTM). Compact, aerodynamic and vehicle-mounted, the new EagleRay 7000 is a step ahead of other antennas in its category in delivering mission-critical data, voice and video for secure, real-time information flow at speeds exceeding 10 Mbps on standard satellites. The antenna can be operated virtually anywhere in the world.